Program study courses, considering content, study and teaching methods and credit load ensure achievement of study outcomes. Consistent and comprehensive implementation of the objectives of the Certified Medical Doctor academic program provides achievement of the learning outcomes in accordance with the qualification descriptor in medicine, which is equivalent to the level of competence of the second level (Master's) qualification.
The program study outcomes are in accordance to the parameters of various components and branches of medicine education (Decree by the Director of the Educational Quality Development National Centre N225 and considers not only collection of basic theoretial and clinical knowledge, but elaboration of clinical skills and very important ethic values and dependence.
Graduates of the program are provided with competitiveness on the next step of education and labor market (considering the particular state acceptance prerecuisites).
Aftar completions of the one step medical educational program, future perspective of the graduates considers: continuation of studies in residence programs, alternative post graduation programs (professional training), work as a junior doctor or research carrier in the field of basic medicine or health care field – which does not imply earning of the independent clinical activity rights.
Subject Specific Competences
Knowledge and understanding
Graduate medical doctor will have essential theoretical and practical knowledge of basic, clinical, behavioral and social scienses, which includes theories and critical analysis of principles, in particular:
- Knowledge of basic natural sciences
- Knowledge of behavioral and social sciences
- Knowledge of clinical sciences
- Knowledge of main groups of medicines and principles of their prescription
- Knowledge of public health care system and awareness of the doctor’s role in the system
- Knowledge of ethical and legal principles
- Knowledge of clinical point of view and conscious awareness of complexity to find ways for solving poblem
Ability to apply knowledge in practice
1.Consult the patients
- Collect anamnesis
- Conduct physical examination
- Have clinical awareness and decision-making ability
- Give explanations and consult substantially
- Encourage the patients and protect their rights
- Assess psychological status of the patients
2. Assess the clinical case, set the examination plan, conduct differential diagnostics, and discuss the disease management plan
- Clinical report analysis and assessment
- Administration of the relevant diagnostics and interpretation of the outcomes
- Conduct differential diagnostics
- Discuss disease management plan with the patients and their care-takers
- Take care of the terminally diseased patients and their families
- Management of the chronic diseases
3. Provision of the First Aid and reanimation procedures
- Detection / identification and assessment of the first aid need
- reatment of the emergency medical cases
- Provision of the basic first aid
- Provision of the basic preventive and cardio-pulmonal measures in accordance to the guidelines
- Provision of the inclusive/broad preventive measures in accordance to the guidelines
- Treatment of traumas in accordance to the guidelines
4. Prescription of the medications
- Prescription of medications accurately and in a legible manner
- Administration of the relevant medications and other measures in relation with the clinical context.
- Discussion of the relevance of medication and other treatments and assessment of the potential risks and benefits for the patients.
- Treatment of pain and distress
- Consideration of the medications and their compatibility in the administration of treatment.
5. Research practice and use of biomedicine scientific principles, methods and knowledge in research
- Knowledge of scientific research methodology, research design planning, analysis of obtained results and conclusion making..
- Critical analysis of scientific biomedical literature and thesis writing skills
- Use of ethic principles in research
6. Effective work within health care system, making health supporting actions and involvement in public health issues.
7. Practical procedures to perform:
- Measuring blood pressure
- Taking vein-puncture, lumbar puncture
- Intravenous cannulation
- Intravenous drug administration application of the infusion facility
- Subcutaneous and intramuscular injections
- Oxygen provision
- Transportation and treatment of the patients
- Stitching and blood transfusion
- Urinary catheterization
- Blood and Urine analysis
- Taking electrocardiogram and interpretation
- Conduct of the pulmonary system function tests
Ability to make conclusion
Has deep clinical thinking, has ability to critically analyse incompleate and controversial information, make diferential diagnosis, and make evidence based principles by using knowledge and skills, in particular:
- Assessment of the social and psychological factors of the patients related with the disease
- Assessment of the disease manifestation and factors of psychological effect on the patients
- Assessment of the disease manifestation and social factors effecting the patients
- Assessment of the disease-related stress
- Assessment of the Drug and alcohol addiction
- Evidence-based practice
- Explore the development of a research idea from hypothesis through to the drawing of conclusions
- Critical appraisal of the literature to a high Standard, drawing of conclusions and application in practice.
Graduate is able to make effective written and oral communication, has ability of observation, listening, interviewing as well as nonverbal communication skills, in particular he/she can:
- Communication with the patients
- Communication with the colleagues
- Communication of the worst outcomes
- Communication with the relatives of the patients
- Communication with the disabled individuals
- Communication for receiving written consents
- Written communication (including medical records)
- Communication during the conflicts
- Assistant aided communication
- Communication with the law-enforcement bodies and mass media
- Effective communication with any individual regardless cultural, religious beliefs and social or ethnic origins and background.
- Effectively use information and information technologies in the medical context, Keeping accurate and neat records of the clinical, histories, application of the advanced information technologies for the practical activities, clinically-related research of informational resources, information management, maintenance and application, personal portfolio development.
Is able to use full spectrum of the study-information resources, manage time; set priorities, work to deadlines; use initiative when seeking information use information technology and appropriate related software to a high standard apply skills for identifying, appraising, synthesizing and applying evidence, in professional life apply research related skills to professional life; Is aware of the benefits of life-long learning and permanent development; Can impartially assess one’s knowledge and skills; Is able to apply in medical practice scientific principles, approaches to and methodology of Biomedicine; Knows methodology of conducting scientific research; Can design detailed research plan and process the outcomes.
Is able to:
Apply ethical and legal principles in the medical practice. Can keep confidentiality of the patients. Can protect rights of the patients. Minimizes risks posed to the patients. Carries out anti-infections / preventive measures. Is aware of one’s health problems and assess one’s health condition. Can lead communication in the professional context. Is effective communicator, can find resolutions to the conflicts with any individual regardless cultural, religious beliefs and social or ethnic origins and background. Guides oneself with the principles of social justice and values democratic principles in general. Manage situations during conflicts and force majeure. Is competent to carry out activities which are beneficial for the health care improvement. Can get involved in the public health care system. Can take part in the public health care actions, as an individual or part of the community.
Teamwork skills- Program graduates have the ability to work in a team, as ordinary members of the team, and they also have the ability to be leaders; they can formulate objectives clearly, reach agreements within the team, can coordinate their activities and assess the skills and abilities adequately, and are able to manage emergency situations and conflicts.
The ability to adapt to a new environment- Graduates have practical working skills in a professional setting, professional subordination / adaptation ability, the ability to learn new technologies.
Ability to work independently- Graduates have time management skills, can meet deadlines and work in cooperation; can organize their work-related resources accordingly; plan properly the resources associated with the activities; are responsible for the performed work and able to assess and criticize it.
The ability to defend ethic principles- have the ability to use the knowledge of ethical and legal principles in the context of medicine are able to defend the patient's rights;
Ability of life-long learning - can fully use study resources in consequence, can manage one’s own learning process. Understands the importance of life-long learning. Is an independent learner. Understands and specifics of the learning process. Is able to develop a successful strategic plan for learning.
Ability to do research - can critically analyze scientific work, has ability to plan and participate in the research project, use of methods and research knowledge, can collect documentary material, review the field literature, present the results of research and participate in discussion. Knows legislation and bioethical principles regarding research.
Ability using information and communication technologies- possesses and uses modern information and communication technologies. Can obtain information, can use multimedia and electronic interactive programs including subject field. Can master new information technologies independently, have knowledge of computer and office programs; can search for new sources of information. Can store information and communicate in electronic format.