- About SEU
Software Development Service
The Software Development Service ensures implementation of the management, evaluation and monitoring activities of the University educational processes, development of University education space, introduction of e-learning systems, integrating the latest educational technologies into the University education process.
The obligations of the Software Development Service are:
- Elaboration of Software Development Strategy;
- Automatization of software processes in the University and improvement student service quality;
- Development of modern information systems and its introduction in the University;
- Development and administration of the infrastructure in accordance with the modern standards and University objectives;
- Defining and implementing information security policy;
- Studying new means of software and their introduction in the University;
- Planning and automating learning processes at the University using modern technologies;
- Creating, implementing and administering software necessary for the learning process;
The Software Development Service includes the Head of the Software Development Service and specialists of the electronic database of the educational process.
The Head of Software Development Service and the specialists of the electronic database of the education process are appointed and dismissed by the Rector.
The Head of the Software Development Department is accountable to the Rector and Deputy Rector of the University.
Head of Software Development Service:
- Supervises the work of the Service;
- Is responsible for the performance of the functions and tasks of the Service;
- Distributes functions among employees, gives them instructions and controls the quality of their performance;
- Solicits allocation of funds and material resources necessary for implementation of Service activities and tasks;
- organizes the implementation of the functions assigned to the Service by the given Statute for which submits to the Rector proposals for solving and deciding separate issues.
- Based on the task order, makes a decision to invite staff or freelance employees to the service, as well as the procurement of relevant services, presents report on implementation of works to the Rector;
- Facilitates to allocate funds and material resources required for Service activities and tasks;
- Organizes the functions assigned to the Service by the given Statute for which submits to the Rector proposals for solving and deciding separate issues.
- Carries out other functions and tasks defined by the given Statute, SEU Legal Acts and the Georgian legislation.
The tasks of the specialists of the electronic database of the education process are:
- Automatization of education process management in the University;
- Uploading teaching schedules;
- Student academic registration;
- Uploading system user information (Administration, Lecturer, Student) and panel management;
- Automatization of students' financial module;
- Recognition of training courses during internal and external mobility;
- Creation and protection of information security controls.